Website University of Northern Colorado
Salary: $50,000.00 for 9 month / academic year contract
The University of Northern Colorado invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Theatre for a non-tenure track, contract renewable position in Design and Technology with a specialty in Media and Projection Design and a secondary emphasis in either sound design or scenic design starting in Fall 2023.
We seek an ambitious, energetic, and quality-driven teacher to join one of the nation’s top undergraduate Theatre programs. This position will teach 4 classes per semester. Classes may include Media and Projection Design, Digital Rendering, Introduction to Design, Sound Design and Technology or Scene Design and Technology and/or Drafting for Stage. Executing one design per semester may be included in lieu of one class. This person will be tasked with developing our burgeoning track in projection design as part of an established design and technology program. Additionally, participation in University service and professional activity is expected.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in the following areas:
·Teaching design and technology skills in both broad and specialized areas of technical theatre
·Designing in the candidate’s area(s) of specialty as part of an ambitious academic season
·Formal classroom teaching as well as mentored teaching of design students
· MFA in Theatre Design and Technology completed by the start of employment
· Experience in media and projection design in professional or academic theatre settings
· Demonstrated commitment to supporting students from diverse backgrounds and aesthetics
· Membership in professional theatre unions and associations such as USA, IATSE, USITT
· Experience teaching Theatre at the collegiate level
To apply for this job please visit careers.unco.edu.