Website The Dairy Arts Center
The Technical Director is responsible for all technical needs within the theater. This person will be the
primary technical liaison for renters of the theater and will be expected to assist the renting companies
in executing their shows.
● Technical liaison and point of contact for Grace Theater.
● Produce accurate venue rental information to Client Services for the final contract.
● Must be present during renter’s access to the tech booth and any and all tech rehearsals with
● Recommends and implements improvements and upgrades to all theaters as necessary,
including the oversight of outsourced expertise as appropriate.
● Collaborate with Senior TD to maintain and update rental tech packets.
● Recommends and enforces policies as they relate to the operation and safety of the theater and
● Provides expertise and advice to the Dairy team on technical issues related to live performances
and technical needs.
● Coordinate with rental companies to schedule and supervise the construction, load-in, tech, run,
and strike according to the renter’s contract.
● Maintains inventory of all technical equipment in use or in storage at The Dairy.
● Acts as back up TD when assigned by Senior TD and assists in other theaters as needed.
● Completes other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director and Senior Technical Director.
● Must have flexible schedule with nights and weekend hours required.
● Maintain working relationships with clients and renters.
● Proficient in theatrical lighting, audio systems, and video projection.
● Proficiency with an ETC ION console and experience working with LED lighting is a plus.
● Working knowledge of audio systems, video projection, and QLab required.
● Understanding of all applicable OSHA and safety regulations.
● Builds trust, values others, communicates effectively, drives execution, fosters innovation,
focuses on the customer, collaborates with others, solves problems creatively, and demonstrates
high level of integrity.
● Maintains professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
● Proactively establishes and maintains working relationships with all support personnel.
● The ideal candidate will be outgoing, positive, and professional.
● Additional duties and responsibilities may be added at the discretion of the Executive Director.
The Technical Director is a full-time salaried position with a competitive benefits package including
vacation, sick, and PTO time and health insurance and paid holidays.
$35,000 – $40,000 a year – Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org