Production Accessibility Manager
Website Phamaly Theatre Company
Production Accessibility Manager
Phamaly Theatre Company – Denver, CO
Position Status: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Artistic Director
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience (starting salary $50K to 60K)
Start Date: Spring 2023
Benefits: Fully covered health & dental insurance, thirteen paid holidays, paid vacation & sick time
Phamaly Theatre Company is seeking an energetic and personable Production Accessibility Manager. Phamaly is a non-profit theatre company with 34 years of providing a home for theatre artists with disabilities. Phamaly models a disability-affirmative theatrical process and strives to upend conventional narratives by transforming individuals, arts, and the world.
The Production Accessibility Manager is a full-time, salaried position that reports to the Artistic Director and is a member of a six-person staff. The position will work in collaboration with the Artistic Director and Production Manager to oversee all productions and education programs, with a primary focus on accessibility, accommodations, and ensuring the emotional, physical, and mental well-being of the companies’ artists. The position will also oversee the Stage Management teams for all productions and programs. Given the nature of Phamaly’s work within the disabled community, this position requires adaptability and flexibility. Preference will be shown to those candidates who best represent the values of Phamaly and who can excel working as part of a collaborative team.
- Able to adapt in the moment to the accommodations needed for artists with disabilities.
- Leads with kindness, optimism, and generosity in high-stress situations.
- Able to see the big picture of any situation and gauge where support is needed.
- Has experience in interpersonal management.
- Able to guide, support and train a small team.
Potential responsibilities may include, but are not limited, to:
- Oversee and be a member of the stage management team on all projects. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all audition and rehearsal needs, including audition notices, calendars, on-site processes, production materials (contracts, health forms, scripts, etc), and scheduling of rooms/venues.
- Coordinate and maintain artist accommodations throughout the production process.
- Coordinate hiring and scheduling of production-related Access contractors, including braille, describers, captions, and interpreters.
- Serve as point person for conflict resolution amongst the cast, stage management team, and backstage crew, utilizing
- Production Manager and Artistic Director when appropriate.
- Serve as the primary contact for Phamaly company performers and backstage volunteers on all productions.
- Manage organizational materials including production calendars, contact lists, and handbooks.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to identify and schedule backstage volunteers on productions.
- Coordinate and oversee community-building engagements, including dates, venue specifics, and actor/crew availability.
- Serve as the primary contact for Phamaly company members on all education/community-building classes and workshops.
- Collaborate with education partners to plan programs.
- Oversee all logistics of education programs including scheduling, space usage, sign-ups, and accommodation needs including braille, ASL interpretation, etc.
- Assist Marketing Manager with any promotional video and/or photography sessions, particularly involving performers.
- Assist Managing Director with performer needs for fundraising events.
- 2+ years experience in production management, stage management, or similar fields
- Working knowledge of all aspects of theatre: technical and performance
- Management experience, particularly working with individuals with various skills and levels of experience
- Direct experience and knowledge of working with individuals with disabilities
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, and visual
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fluctuating artistic environment
- Proficient in general office software and technology (Word, Excel, Dropbox, etc.)
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. As a disability-affirmative organization, the duties are open to many creative and reasonable accommodations. Persons identifying as having a disability are encouraged to apply.
Phamaly Theatre Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, political affiliation, sexual orientation, disability, and/or religion.
Submit a cover letter and resume to: BRAANAN@phamaly.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com