Website Northglenn Arts
THEATRE TECHNICIANS – OPEN CALL
Northglenn Arts, a division of the City of Northglenn, is accepting applications (a resume and short letter of inquiry to the email below) for temporary and ongoing contracted technical support (Theatre Technicians) to assist its Technical Director and Assistant Technical Director in the technical operations of its venue the Parsons Theatre and related spaces, in the areas listed below on an ongoing basis.
NATURE OF THE WORK
These temporary and ongoing contracted positions may include specialization in lighting, sound, projections, rigging, run crew, construction and/or scene painting. Individuals with a focus on one or more of these skills are encouraged to apply. Resumes are reviewed on an ongoing basis and individuals are asked to interview and, if accepted, will be added to our call list for work as needed.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS
- Act as an on-site liaison between TD/ATD and outside individuals/organizations during load-in, rehearsals, performances and load-out. Includes ability to track information and report via daily technical reports related to the current event.
- Provides labor support for load-in, rehearsals, performances and load-out, if needed.
- Report any and all time worked via provided timesheets and alert TD/ATD of any outside of call times worked as soon as possible.
- Work with the house management team and production staff to assure timing of events (starts, intermissions, and audience exits) are maintained.
- Work with all on-site partners to maintain building regulations and best practices for the safety of all involved.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS
- Program and operate theatre lighting systems during rehearsals and performance
- Experience with the following, helpful: ETC Ion Xe Lighting Console
- Set-up, program and operate theatre projections during load-in, rehearsals, performances and load-out.
- Experience with the following helpful: QLab 4 on a MacBook Pro
- Set-up, program and operate theatre sound lighting systems during load-in, rehearsals, sound check, performances and load-out.
- Experience with the following helpful: Shure QLX Wireless System, Allen & Heath SQ7 Sound Console, Dante Protocol networking.
- Hang, focus and patch theatre lighting instruments including instruments that can be controlled from the light board (i.e. hazers, foggers, bubble machines and more).
- Provide labor and technical support for hanging any set pieces, backdrops, flats and more from rigging, using theatrical rigging best practices.
- Experience with the following helpful: Single Purchase Fly System.
- Provide basic clean-up of stage, shop entryway, green room, and dressing rooms
- Provide minor pre-built set pieces from inventory (with approval)
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move equipment such as light and sound equipment up to 50 pounds using appropriate tools and assists
- Ability to work in loud and dusty environments
- Ability to work on hands and knees
- Ability to work at heights and from ladders
All positions are paid at a starting rate of $20 per hour, individuals with specific skills or higher qualifications are able to negotiate that rate after six months of work.
Northglenn Arts is the cultural services division of the City of Northglenn, which strives to provide affordable access to the arts in north Denver by presenting quality live productions through Northglenn Arts Presents and Northglenn Youth Theatre, offering outdoor summer concerts and movies, drama classes for youth through NYT Academy, art & dance classes, public art through Northglenn Art’s Art on Parade and other commissions, and special events throughout the year.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org