Website Northglenn Arts
CONSTRUCTION & SCENIC PAINTERS – OPEN CALL
Northglenn Arts, a division of the City of Northglenn, is accepting applications (a resume and short letter of inquiry to the email below) for temporary and ongoing contracted builder and painter support to assist its Technical Director and Assistant Technical Director in the construction of and detailing of in-house sets, on an ongoing basis.
NATURE OF THE WORK
These temporary and ongoing contracted positions may include specialization in construction and/or scene painting. Individuals with a focus on one of these skills are encouraged to apply. Resumes are reviewed on an ongoing basis and individuals are asked to interview and, if accepted, will be added to our call list for work as needed.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS
- Act as an on-site liaison between TD/ATD and outside individuals/organizations during load-in, rehearsals, performances and load-out. Includes ability to track information and report via daily technical reports related to the current event.
- Provides labor support for load-in, rehearsals, performances and load-out, if needed.
- Report any and all time worked via provided timesheets and alert TD/ATD of any outside of call times worked as soon as possible.
- Work with all on-site partners to maintain building regulations and best practices for the safety of all involved.
Construction responsibilities and skills:
- Provide labor/construction support for building and installation of large scale theatrical set pieces
- Provide labor/construction support for the finishing of theatrical set pieces
Scenic Painting responsibilities and skills:
- Provide theatrical painting for large and small scale set pieces
- Ability to read/interpret drawings and instructions from scenic designers for painting specifics
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move equipment such as light and sound equipment up to 50 pounds using appropriate tools and assists
- Ability to work in loud and dusty environments
- Ability to work on hands and knees
- Ability to work at heights and from ladders
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints and/or technical drawings
All positions are paid at a starting rate of $20 per hour, individuals with specific skills or higher qualifications are able to negotiate that rate after six months of work.
Northglenn Arts is the cultural services division of the City of Northglenn, which strives to provide affordable access to the arts in north Denver by presenting quality live productions through Northglenn Arts Presents and Northglenn Youth Theatre, offering outdoor summer concerts and movies, drama classes for youth through NYT Academy, art & dance classes, public art through Northglenn Art’s Art on Parade and other commissions, and special events throughout the year.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org