Nonprofit Fundraising / Grant Writing Contract Position
Website Empathy Theatre Project
An exciting new theater company, now in its second season, seeks a highly motivated and experienced individual to help expand the company’s funding base through High Net Worth Individual (HNWI) Donations and Grants.
Mission: The mission of Empathy Theatre Project is to develop original theatre that strengthens connection, inspires dialogue, and fosters empathy in our divided country. ETP develops and produces new plays, musicals, and monologues that explore social and environmental issues that divide us as Americans. Through our art, we strive to cultivate empathy around issues that drive us apart, in the hope of bringing us back together.
Explore our mission, past and upcoming shows, programs, and values at empathytheatreproject.org.
Position: In partnership with the company’s Executive Director, this independent contractor must share and support ETP’s vision and help the company meet its fundraising goals by:
– Growing a portfolio of major gift donors through prospect research, relationship cultivation, and face-to-face solicitation of individuals, foundations, and corporate partners.
– Developing comprehensive cultivation plans for all donors and setting benchmarks toward long-term, sustainable growth.
– Researching local, state, and national grant opportunities for which the company is eligible, and developing a plan for completing upcoming applications and meeting deadlines.
– Writing grant proposals if experience allows, or working closely with a hired grant writer to complete grant applications.
– Ensuring ETP’s compliance with stipulated grant terms and requirements once received.
– Participating in regular strategy meetings with ETP Executive Director and creative team members.
– Preparing and presenting reports on fundraising activities to the ED and ETP board of directors.
Qualifications: This position requires an independent self-starter to take initiative and move the organization’s financial development forward.
– At least 3 years of major gift fundraising experience, including direct experience soliciting major gifts.
Knowledge of and experience with grant research and applications. Successful grant writing experience is a plus.
– Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
– Excellent computer skills with Google (docs, sheets, presentations, etc)
– Highly organized and professional, with attention to detail.
– Must have a reputation for reliability, honesty and dependability.
– High level critical thinking skills, resourcefulness, and creativity.
– Self-motivated and takes the initiative on core development projects.
– Exemplifies ETP’s core values with a passion for the mission.
– Ability to work some evenings and weekends during productions or fundraising events.
– Possess valid driver’s license.
Compensation: This is a part-time (20-25 hours/week) three-month independent contractor position, with the possibility of extending the contract for successive 12 month periods. Contractor must be able to work closely with ETP’s Executive Director. Maximum contract payments in any 12-month period can be up to $30,000.00 or $2,500.00 per month, DOE.
Other benefits include: Flexible work schedule, ability to participate in all community-building artistic events and team-building activities. Ability to take responsibility for effectuating the exciting growth of a promising new nonprofit committed to doing the work of democracy through art.
How to Apply: Email cover letter, resume, references, and responses to the following questions to email@example.com by March 31st, 2023. Title your email “Job Application, YOUR NAME.”
– If hired, what would be your strategy for cultivating donors for Empathy Theatre Project?
– Describe the 3 largest gifts you have closed.
– How have you effectively managed a portfolio of donors?
– Describe your experience with researching and obtaining grants.
*Empathy Theatre Project is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit empathytheatreproject.org.