Website Curious Theatre Company
Sound & Light Board Operator
Curious Theatre Company is hiring a sound+light board operator for the upcoming production of Alma by Benjamin Benne.
The board operator is a member of the Curious Theatre Company technical crew. They report to the Stage Manager and work alongside the Lighting Designer, Sound Designer, Assistant Stage Manager, run crew, electricians, and Curious staff. They are responsible for programming and operating the sound and light boards for shows, troubleshooting all sound and lighting equipment, and maintaining equipment through lamp, gel, or battery changes as needed. Must be able to work nights and weekends for the duration of the contract.
Curious Theatre Company is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
- 1-3 years of experience in a theatrical or performance setting
- Comfortable working at height on ladders and scaffolds
- ETC Eos programming
- Knowledge of QLab 5
- Able to read and interpret lighting plots and paperwork
- Able to lift and carry 25 lbs
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Isadora
- Knowledge of OSC & MIDI controls
- Knowledge of DMX networking
- Able to live mix sound
- Set-up and shut down of lighting, sound, and other electrics equipment
- Running both light and sound boards during technical rehearsals and performances under the direction of the stage manager
- Troubleshooting show equipment
- Maintaining show equipment (i.e. changing lamps, gels, batteries)
- Reporting damaged equipment to the stage manager, technical coordinator, and production manager
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
The contract will be 6 weeks in length, beginning Monday January 9, 2022. Technical rehearsals from Jan. 9 through Jan. 13 with opening performance on Jan. 14. Alma will perform 4 times per week, Thursday through Saturday evenings and a Sunday afternoon matinee. During the final week of performances, there will be 2 student matinees during morning hours on Feb. 15+17. Closing performance is February 18, 2022.
The board operator will be paid $255.00 per week. Total compensation is $1,530.00 for the 6-week contract.
Please send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Covid-19 Vaccination is required for hire.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com