Website Curious Theatre Company
Are you looking for something meaningful to do in your community? Or do you love the theatre and want to be a part of all the fun? Curious Theatre invites you to be a volunteer usher! Creating memorable experiences for our patrons and participants is more than just the performance on stage – every interaction and conversation they share with you is part of that experience.
Ushers join us before the performance begins to: prep, distribute programs, assist guests to their seats, and answer questions. We encourage friends, family, and colleagues to volunteer together.
Benefits of Ushering
- Get a sneak peek behind the curtain and be invited to the final dress rehearsal.
- Enjoy performances during scheduled shifts.
- Receive one free ticket for every shift you volunteer for.
- Special Volunteer events, insider news about the Curious Theatre Company, and more!
Volunteer Usher Responsibilities
- Commit to two shifts every show throughout the season.
- Commit to staying for one full performance, one shift every show throughout the season to assist the House Manager with show duties during and after the performance.
- Arrive 60+ minutes before a performance to assist with pre-show preparation.
- Interact with and proactively approach patrons.
- Assist the Operations & Patron Services Manager with various duties, including emergencies.
- Utilize email and the volunteer website to manage schedules*
* Please note: All communication is done via email. Familiarity with and access to a computer to manage schedules is essential. A direct phone number is also required in case of schedule changes or cancellations.
- 18 years of age or older
- Stand for at least one hour, navigate stairs, and lift a box of programs.
- Read tickets.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a proactive, patron-centered approach.
- A positive, can-do attitude that is friendly, courteous, professional, and
- A love of the performing arts!
To apply for this job please visit www.signupgenius.com.