Website Colorado Railroad Museum
Well? Are you coming? Continuing Auditions for The Polar Express.
Looking for just a few more Christmas fanatics to join our tremendous production of Polar Express. Looking specifically for Men to play Santa Clause and a couple of strong actor/singer/dancers to help us tell the story of the Polar Express for our Polar Express Cabaret.
No Equity contracts are available at this time.
- Pay Range is between $90 and $100 per night depending on role.
If interested please
1) Send all e-mails to Production Director Boni McIntyre at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Include E-SUBMISSION POLAR EXPRESS/[ACTOR NAME] in the title of your e-mail
3) In the body of the e-mail include
A) Dates of Rehearsal and performance availability.
- Please note that conflicts will not be accepted after casting is complete. Rehearsals will begin October 3 and will run through Previews on November 8th. Not every role will be called every day but flexibility is appreciated.
- Performances are November 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 30. And December 1st through 23rd. We will have a weekday cast and a weekend cast. No cast members will be permitted to be in both casts.
B) Direct Phone contact number and email
C) Your digital resume and headshot. Please include your full name in the title of these documents.
Roles still available at this time.
Holly Garland: Age range 25-50. F3-F5 Strong Singer/Mover. This sassy songbird is one half of Santa’s Favorite singing sister duo The Garland Sisters. Along with her sister Ivy and the Tent Conductor, she entertains passengers during the Polar Express Cabaret before Hot Chocolate Service. Character identifies as female.
Ivy Garland: Age range 25-40. A3-A5 Strong Singer/Mover. This sweet songbird is one half of Santa’s Favorite singing sister duo The Garland Sisters. Along with her sister Holly and the Tent Conductor, she entertains passengers during the Polar Express Cabaret before Hot Chocolate Service. Character identifies as female.
Chef 1: Age Range 18-40. Strong Actor/Strong Mover. This enthusiastic Polar Express employee helps seat passengers at the start of the Polar Express Cabaret. Dances with Tent Conductor and Chef 2 in the Hot Chocolate dance and will tell large parts of the Polar Express story (as appears in the original book) verbatim. Any gender may apply.
Santa: Age Range 45+. Santa is a wise and magical Character who spreads Christmas spirit throughout the world. He lies at the core of the story. Santa is calm, patient and contemplative while imparting knowledge up those who truly believe. He greets passengers after the train ride and presents them with the Silver Bell.
Break a leg!
Polar Express Director
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com