Website Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
The Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities celebrates and elevates the human condition with engaging arts, humanities, education, and entertainment that expand the cultural landscape for everyone. The Arvada Center strives to create and maintain an inclusive and welcoming environment for all artists, actors, staff, volunteers, and patrons.
The Production Manager reports to the Director of Production and is responsible for the planning, implementation, and coordination of assigned theatre productions, concerts, and other events including extra-departmental and imported productions; provides technical and audio/visual support for all departments within the organization; and assists the Director of Production with management and oversight of the Production Department.
Production Coordination Support:
· Acts as a leader and facilitator to support all facets of a production and all production team members
· Responsible for planning and implementation of physical production, including all elements of: scenic, props, costumes, lighting, and sound; as well as stage management, interns, and crew for in-house and/or offsite touring productions
· Oversees installation and proper use of all technical elements of productions such as sound, lighting, scenic elements
· Assists Director of Production with design developments and due date schedules
· Assists Director of Production on assigned productions, including attending production meetings, technical rehearsals, and distributing and resolving notes as needed
· Provide training in proper operational and safety requirements on an ongoing basis
· Coordinates events activity regarding, but not limited to: health, safety, location availability, lighting & audio equipment, labor and/or contractors, and potential permit requirements
· Ensures compliance with established policies for safety, security, cleanliness, and general operation procedures
· Serves as representative of Arvada Center to visiting artists, and all staff
· Oversees and monitors operational services during events
· Recommends and assigns schedules of working roles to staff
· Conducts and coordinates pre-event meetings to identify and develop plans to meet needs of artists and production department, and distributes planning information to appropriate personnel in a timely manner
· Ensures instrument load-in and stage set-up meet artists’ expectations
· Serves as facility representative during events by ensuring all aspects of event plans are implemented; and responding to and resolving emergencies as needed
· Develops and maintains a positive and professional atmosphere by ensuring affirmative working relationships through open communication with concert artists and staff
· Assists in the development, oversight, and management of budgets established by Director of Production
· Provides and assists in tracking and managing production budgets for designers and shop managers
· Coordinates with Director of Production and shop managers to ensure all facilities, equipment, and production infrastructure is in working order; identifies current and future maintenance needs.
· Utilizes organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and production schedules
· Attends meetings regarding technical support for presented and/or produced events
· Maintains records on event status and activities
· Other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies
· Required: 4 or more years’ relevant experience in a performing arts center or equivalent venue; or 2 years experience in the field with a Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Theatre or related area. Graduate degree in production a plus
· Education and/or experience in any/all of the following: lighting design, audio production, costume design, and arts presentation
· Understanding of lighting and sound equipment, and ability to operate common and some specialty theatrical equipment and tools
· Strong proficiency in safety standards and ability to train others in best practices a must
· Excellent leadership and communication skills required
This is a full-time, exempt position earning an annualized salary range of $58,000-$64,000 in addition to a benefit package including health, dental, vision insurance plans, term life and accident policies, 401k retirement plan, flexible spending plan, paid time off, and more!
The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Please send an email with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put the job title in the subject line of your email. Vaccination required for hire.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org