Website Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
The Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities celebrates and elevates the human condition with engaging arts, humanities, education, and entertainment that expand the cultural landscape for everyone. The Arvada Center strives to create and maintain an inclusive and welcoming environment for all artists, actors, staff, volunteers, and patrons.
Reporting to the Technical Director, this position works closely with the Production team to create scenery as designed for the needs of each production of a season.
● Assist the Scene Shop in building and finish work of platforms and set pieces
● Interpret and verify all projects are built in accordance with designer vision and drawings
● Consult with Technical Director on safety regulations, priorities, procedures and protocols
● Acts as a liaison between the Technical Director and other scene shop staff, and provides leadership during construction, load in and strike
● Delegates tasks, acts as mentor and aids in training of less experienced carpenter over hires
● Oversees repairs and regularly inspects work of others for finishes and high quality standards
● Ensures all tools and supplies are accounted for and properly stored and maintained
● Works in tandem with Technical Director in upkeep of cleanliness of Scene Shop
● Constructs other projects as assigned
● Other duties as assigned within reasonable scope
Skills and Competencies
● 4 or more years of professional experience in the field required
● Proficiency in reading and understanding design plates and computer aided drawings
● Knowledge of Vectorworks or similar software
● Understanding of automation a plus
● Ability to lift and move 50 pounds or more, climb ladders, work in difficult to access locations, and stand for long amounts of time
● Willingness to work nights, weekends, or holidays as needed
● Strong work ethic to complete projects within a deadline
● Proficient artistic creativity and ability to work well with artistic personalities a must
● Dedication to maintaining an impeccable safety standard
This is a full-time, non-exempt position earning an annualized salary of $47,800 in addition to a benefit package including health, dental, vision insurance plans, term life and accident policies, 401k retirement plan, flexible spending plan, paid time off, and more!
The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Please send an email with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Please put the job title in the subject line of your email. This position will remain open until filled.