Website Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
The Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities celebrates and elevates the human condition with engaging arts, humanities, education, and entertainment that expand the cultural landscape for everyone. The Arvada Center strives to create and maintain an inclusive and welcoming environment for all artists, actors, staff, volunteers, and patrons.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, this position designs, manages, and implements the visual image of the Arvada Center, supporting all divisions of the organization in the conceptualization and design of graphic projects like theatre programs, signage, digital advertising, social media graphics and fundraising collateral.
● Works collaboratively with the entire Advancement team, providing cross-departmental communication to support fundraising and marketing strategies.
● Demonstrates a commitment to advancing the Arvada Center’s initiative IDEA — Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access.
● Works with the development team to ensure sponsor logos are used appropriately based on donation and sponsorship levels.
● In collaboration with the Galleries division, oversees student design partnership program with Warren Tech, offering feedback and insights to student designers.
● Works closely with programming staff to support individual events with visuals that are specific and impactful.
Graphics Development and Coordination
· Designs and produces print and digital advertising.
· Designs and produces printed material for all divisions of the Arvada Center, including brochures, invitations, fundraising campaigns and direct mail pieces throughout the year.
· Coordinates and designs theatre programs.
· Designs and directs the production of printed and digital theatre and program banners.
· Designs and produces interior and exterior signs and graphics and limited run of products including promotional giveaways.
· Collaborates on the design and production of social media campaigns, including video art direction and animation of assets.
· Writes and bids out printing projects.
· Coordinates timelines and approves proofs with printing partners.
· Reviews advertising vehicles, such as newspapers and magazines, as well as print houses, suppliers, and artist’s portfolios.
· Prepares electronic files for printing and pre-flight and converts materials for web and electronic use.
● Works closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to create clear, compelling and on-brand visual identity.
● Creates visual identity and standards, and ensures standards for the visual image of the Arvada Center are met.
● Works with Communications staff and graphics design partners to ensure brand consistency and clarity.
● Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current design trends and standards.
Other reasonable duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies
· Exhibits expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro), and other graphics design tools.
· Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of personnel within the Center in a positive and cooperative manner.
· Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, staff members, patrons, and the general public.
· Able to maintain and communicate deadlines and timelines for design projects.
· Exhibits knowledge of visual campaign development, publishing and printing.
This is a full-time, nonexempt position earning an annualized salary range of $45,000 – $50,000 in addition to a benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance plans, term life and accident policies, 401k retirement plan, flexible spending plan, paid time off, and more!
The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Please send an email with your resume and cover letter as PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the job title in the subject line of your email. Vaccination is required for hire.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com