Fundraising Events Coordinator
Website Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
The Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities celebrates and elevates the human condition with engaging arts, humanities, education, and entertainment that expand the cultural landscape for everyone. The Arvada Center strives to create and maintain an inclusive and welcoming environment for all artists, actors, staff, volunteers, and patrons.
Reporting to the Director of Institutional & Capital Giving, this position provides a wide range of database, administrative, and general support to the Arvada Center’s development team. This position executes logistics for all development cultivation and stewardship events, procures auction items for the annual gala, and provides administrative support to the team.
Event Logistics (50%)
· Maintains an events calendar and distributes to appropriate staff and President/CEO as needed
· Tracks expenses and all event setup, room layout, catering, etc. in a binder and keeps event expenditures within budget
· Seeks in-kind support to offset costs of events
· Attends weekly calendar meetings and reports Center events to the development team
· Coordinates logistics of roughly 40 donor cultivation, stewardship, and acquisition events, including set up of tables, chairs, food and drink stations, etc.
· Creates and sends invitations, takes reservations, makes nametags, schedules event set-up with facilities or ACES, and provides updates to development team for all 40+ events
· Reserves event location, orders rentals and catering, schedules bar service and manages/oversees volunteers at events
· Makes reservations for offsite meetings
· Shows appreciation for and develops relationships with volunteers who work events
· Tracks donor attendance for each event for SCFD reporting in a spreadsheet.
· Provides follow up development support after events and sends thank-you notes
· Conducts analysis of event effectiveness and offers suggestions for logistical improvements
· Pull tickets and seats donors with oversight from development team
· Other reasonable duties as assigned
Arts for All Gala Support (25%)
Works closely with staff and volunteer planning committee to produce the annual gala
Procures and receives silent auction items from businesses and board members
Supports the team in all gala activities, including taking committee meeting notes, ordering food, securing room location and A/V setup for hybrid meetings
Writes auction item copy – enticing bidders with engaging descriptions and coordinates the physical and online display of auction items alongside development lead
Administrative Support (25%)
Serves as support staff and backup for the Donor Database and Stewardship Coordinator
Assists with mailings, filing, special projects, and runs errands as needed
Attends and takes notes at select Board Committee Meetings and all development meetings
Schedules all development events on the President/CEO and development team calendars
Runs donor performance reports for President/CEO, and relevant board members and staff
Updates and maintains donor records in Tessitura
Prepares and sends weekly thank you notes for board members to sign and send to donors
Pulls general reports, lists, and tickets for development staff as needed
Skills and Competencies
· Must be able to perform physical activity regularly and lift 25 lbs. regularly and 50 lbs. occasionally
· Passionately supports, understands, and can communicate the Arvada Center’s mission
· Minimum of two-year’s experience in development and/or event planning preferred
· Able to problem solve and propose effective solutions
· Proficient with Excel and Google Workspace
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must
· Highly organized, self-starter with ability to multi-task and manage work in a high-paced environment
· Detail oriented with the ability to make an event feel unique and special to the attendees
· Must be able to accept supervision and direction from multiple people
· Ability to communicate tactfully and patiently with both internal and external constituents
· Must be available to work weekends and evenings as needed
· Works effectively with all levels of staff; team player
· Flexible and adaptable style
· Professional attire required
This is a full time, non-exempt position earning an annualized salary range of $35,000-$42,000, in addition to a benefit package including health, dental, vision insurance plans, term life and accident policies, 401k retirement plan, flexible spending plan, paid time off, and more.
The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, or any other status protected by state or local law. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Send an email with your resume and cover letter as PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please put the job title in the subject line of your email. *Note, applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Vaccination required for hire.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com